Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin Crisis is OVER!


Now that pumpkin can once again be found in pretty little cans, sitting on the grocer shelf,I will share my recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. :)

Preheat oven to 350

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 tbsp Vanilla

Cream above ingredients until well mixed.

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning (or 2 tsp cinnamon & 2 tsp nutmeg)

Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, dough will look like cake batter.
Then mix in 1 cup mini-semi sweet chocolate chips.

On greased cookie sheet, drop by 1 tablespoon, bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

yield 4-5 dozen mini cookies. BITE SIZE!

They should be a more cake like cookie and store nicely in a ziplock bag.

4 comments:

  1. I just made pumpkin pies...yum...I think the fall is the best time of year to make treats. Something in the air, I think.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally trying this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow!! i think my family might pass out if i try "made from scratch" cookies....and I KNOW Isaac will LOVE these!!! I will let you know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i just made my list and it's not as bad as i thought....i will only need to buy pumpkin, vegetable oil, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie seasoning...LOL!!
    i guess you'll have to post some more recipes so that i can use all my new ingredients!! :)

    ReplyDelete